How the extension works
- Log in to you AfterShip Tracking account.
- Go to the AfterShip Tracking Settings to generate an API key for the new integration and save it somewhere.
- Navigate to the Organization Settings from the top-right corner of AfterShip Tracking admin and copy the Tracking Page URL from under the Custom domain tab.
- Contact Attentive’s White Glove team ([email protected]) with the API key and tracking page URL. They will give you a unique URL to set up the webhook.
- Go to the AfterShip Tracking Notifications tab > Add webhook URL provided by Attentive > Copy the webhook secret.
- Navigate to Attentive’s integration setup page and select AfterShip Tracking > Add the required details > Click Set up integration
Note: To avoid duplicate SMS notifications while using Attentive, please disable the AfterShip Tracking SMS notifications.
Attentive is an all-in-one text message marketing solution for growing eCommerce brands. It empowers online retailers to send highly personalized and relevant text messages at every stage of the buyer’s journey. Attentive’s powerful integration with AfterShip Tracking will allow merchants to track their shipments across 800+ couriers like UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT, and China Post, trace their movement towards the customers, and automate the delivery progress communication after customers opt-in to receive delivery notifications from the order tracking page.
For the 4 key delivery statuses, AfterShip Tracking transports the tracking events to Attentive via webhooks to trigger automated SMS messages to keep customers in the loop of their order status. A phone number must be present in AfterShip Tracking to match in Attentive platforms to send SMS messages. Further, enhancing engagement, the two-way transactional messages give customers the freedom to respond to the delivery notifications fostering better post-purchase conversions.